From record breaking deals to award wins and new appointments, Savills Australia and New Zealand has had a huge year and we'd like to share some of our highlights with you.
A big year for Capital Transactions
It was a big year for our Capital Transactions teams. In NSW, the teams were involved in the majority of the $2.5 billion that has been transacted in the Sydney CBD and North Shore, transacting the following:
- 1 Woolworths Way - $333.95m
- 420 George Street - approx $600m (sold in two transactions of 75% and 25% interest)
- Zenith Centre, Chatswood - $279m
- One Shelley Street - $525m
- 77 Market Street - $360m
In addition, our Capital Transactions team in New Zealand negotiated the sale of two prominent central Christchurch office and retail buildings, in what was the largest property deal in Christchurch for 2016.
Record breaking deals and new appointments
- Savills successfully secured the management of the national Ascendas Property Management Portfolio
- Savills Retail Investments sold the Coburg North Village shopping centre for circa $38 million on a fully leased record low yield of 4.94%
- In one of the largest site acquisitions and highest price per lots of the year, Savills CBD and Metropolitan Sales team in Victoria sold 974 Black Forest Road, Wyndham Vale for $91.5m
- Our Project Management Team won the ‘RICS PM Team of the Year 2016’ for the 4th consecutive year, for their outstanding work on the 180 Brisbane project for Daisho
- Savills Associate Director in Project Management, Lachlan MacDonald, was awarded the "RICS Construction Professional of the Year"
- The Savills Sydney team won the ‘DEXUS Property Transaction of the Year’ award for the sale of 36 George Street, Burwood
- Savills agent, Stephanie Hearne, has been recognised as one of Australia’s top 50 leading female real estate agents by Real Estate Business.
Savills has been honoured for its commitment to promoting sustainability for office-based businesses by claiming the CitySwitch South Australian Signatory of the Year Award.
Savills was also recognised for its leadership in sharing its office retrofit checklist with other CitySwitch signatories. This checklist, which Savills uses across its national offices, was developed in collaboration with the CitySwitch Green Office Program.
Savills Head of Research spoke at TEDx
Savills National Head of Research, Tony Crabb, attended TEDx Queenstown to speak on 'Life Out of Balance', and specifically the 19 to 25 degrees concept. This idea is a way for companies to save millions of dollars and drastically reduce their carbon footprint with a simple adjustment to the way they use air-conditioning.